Thursday, February 10, 2011

Two week update

Reid had her two week appointment on Tuesday and I was thrilled to find out that she regained all of the weight that she had lost (dropping from 6-10 at birth to 6-1 a few days later) plus a few ounces, bringing her up to a hefty 7 pounds, 2.5 ounces.  At this point, she's in the 17% for weight, 30% for height and 40% for head circumference.  In addition to feeling relieved that she's growing and gaining adequately, I was very excited because I will no longer feel like I have to wake her after 4 hours at night for a feeding.  She is a great sleeper, great eater and overall easy, mellow and happy baby! I made the mistake of having some brie cheese yesterday morning after largely avoiding dairy (other than fermented dairy and butter) for the last month and Reid certainly let us know that her belly wasn't feeling quite right last night, she fussed for the first time and her stomach was distended.  Won't make that mistake again!

No comments: