Sunday, February 19, 2012

Harper's new bedroom

We are under contract for a new house in La Grange, which is on the train line west of Chicago and has a bustling downtown area with lots of restaurants and shopping (including a Trader Joe's and an outstanding restaurant with a commitment to using organics and local food!) The house is less than a 1/2 mile from the downtown area, which we are very excited about after being banished to the 'burbs in Colorado for the past few years, it will be nice to have many options within walking distance.
I had to go over to the house last week for a second inspection - the house was built in 1925 and there was some concern about the foundation, which it turns out, is fine. I told Harper that I was going to her new house - the "Hershey's Kiss" house. She has seen it twice and her fondest memory of it is that the sellers set out a bowl of Hershey's kisses for potential buyers to help themselves to. When I told her where I was going, she told me, "Mommy, I want the pink bedroom but I don't want the Winnie the Pooh that's on the bed." We have seen dozens of houses over the last 6 weeks so I had no idea if there was a Pooh or not but I went along with her.  Lo and behold, we got to the house and there, parked on the bed in the pink bedroom, was Winnie the Pooh. She never ceases to amaze us!

No comments: