Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My Reid, my love.

We adore Reid to pieces.  She is the sweetest girl I've ever known (except baby Harper of course, who was equally sweet.)  Harper and I have nicknamed her "dumpster" because of how she eats.  She makes the biggest mess! You always have to feed her with two spoons so you have food going on each one and prevent the lag time of going from bowl to mouth.  She LOVES food.  Harper never loved food the way her sister does.  Harper loved mommy's milk and that was basically it.  Reid is the opposite.  She only wants food, food and more food.  She drinks mommy's milk because that's part of life but I know she would take food over it at any time. She loves purees and is also turning into quite the pro with finger foods. It is so satisfying to feed a baby- Reid eats the most amazing, nutritious foods and for at least the next few months I can take pride in the food she eats. Harper is a great fruit and vegetable eater so I can't complain too much, but she basically survives on 10 foods and can't handle any food combinations, it all must be separate. I got the "Beaba babycook" which is maybe the best baby food making invention ever.  It steams, purees and reheats.  It is so much more efficient then my old way of preparing everything on the stove and then transferring it to the food processor.  And guess what? Reid now has FOUR teeth, not two.  Harper had eight at eight months, I think Reid is trying to keep up.

No comments: