Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Our new addition!

We had our 20 week ultrasound yesterday and learned that our new baby is another girl!  We are very excited, overjoyed actually, to welcome another daughter into our life.  Everything at the ultrasound looked great.  She is a mover like her sister and the ultrasound tech had a difficult time getting all of the pictures she needed.  At first she gave me an 80% chance of her being a girl then took a second peek before the ultrasound was over.  Her final report was, "there is no sign of any boy parts down there." 

My midwife called me today and informed that the little peanut weighs 12 ounces and is over the 50% for weight! I know it's a little early to get excited about that but our true "little peanut" girl, Harper, was only 8 ounces at her 20 week appointment and it seemed to be foretelling of all of the weight concerns to come.  I would be thrilled if all of my, "is my baby too small?" anxiety was spared with this little girl.  They also confirmed that the due date January 31 is accurate- well, as accurate as due dates can be.  I already have my head wrapped around a February 8-10 arrival because I don't want to have any expectations of an on-time or early delivery because, as I learned with Harper, when you think you'll be on time and then you go overdue it sets you up for a lot of disappointment!

I will scan the ultrasound pictures and put them up, hopefully tomorrow.  She kept moving her hands around her head, in one picture she had her hand tucked under her chin and then in her mouth. 

No comments: