Thursday, September 23, 2010

Harper's quotes of the week

Harper's language has gone to a completely different level in the last month.  She constantly cracks us up with the goofy things she says and observations she makes, so I am going to try to record them.  Here are a couple from the last few days:

Harper has gotten very good about brushing her teeth ever since I told her that we brush our teeth to get the "sugar bugs" out.  She wants us to look in her mouth and count the sugar bugs before brushing.  At the dinner table she told us that she had sugar bugs and opened her mouth for us to take a peek.  I looked in and said, "Yuck, that's terrible, we need to get them out."  She pouted and turned to Daddy and said, "Daddy, tell Mommy that it's not terrible!" We have no idea where she learned the concept of asking Daddy if she doesn't like what Mommy has to say.

As we pulled into the Butterfly Pavilion parking lot: "Mommy, today I'm going to reach them." me, clueless about what she was talking about: "what are you going to reach?" Harper: "The butterflies."

About her baby sister: "she's going to come out and have a tea party with me!"

No comments: