Monday, May 16, 2011

Harper's school assessment


Harper's school now uses an online tool to let us read about the progress she is making in various areas.  She is thriving at school, I am so impressed with the new skills she comes home with on a regular basis.  Here is a sample from a recent assessment.  Andy and I had to laugh at the part where she told her teacher, "I just told you...".  That's our feisty girl



Garden Room after nap
Observed by Nicole McGrath
Participating in give-and-take communication
Communication and Language






Notes:
Harper woke up during nap, walked up to me
 and with a smile said,
"my Mommy will come get me after snack."
 I asked her if her mommy said that to
 her when she dropped her off. She said,
" No, my daddy dropped me off."
 I then asked if Daddy was picking her up today?
 She said,"I just told you, my Mommy
 is picking me up after snack."
 It was a very pleasant give and take
conversation between the two of us.

.

No comments: