Thursday, February 26, 2009

Good-bye mountain house!


As of tomorrow, our 2 year mountain adventure is coming to and end and Jen, Harper, Oscar and I are moving back on the grid and closer to Denver where I work. Our new address is 4760 S. Bannock Street, Englewood, CO 80110. I wanted to share a few of the things we will miss (as well as some things we will not miss…I will let you guess between the two) about the first house we owned:

- Jen and I each sliding cars off of our snowy mountain road within the first week after we moved (me in a U-Haul truck…good times that thankfully resulted in no injuries…at least not to people; I am sure the truck and a few trees were not the same afterwards)

- Some wonderful neighbors who have become friends we will take with us, including those whom you meet when they volunteer to spend 2 hours helping you dig out a U-Haul truck you just got stuck in a snow bank

- Waking up most mornings to the most amazing sunrise I could imagine

- Somehow not thinking in advance that it MIGHT snow a bit more than we were used to since our house sat at an elevation of 9,000 feet

- Snowfall every single time Jen’s family came to visit (including once in June)

- Being able to go on a good mountain hike just by walking around the neighborhood

- The many brazen foxes who taunted Oscar, including my personal favorite who sat 3 feet away from our back door, picked up Oscar’s ball in his mouth, and then dropped it and urinated on it, all while Oscar is jumping 5 feet in the air and begging to be let out to chase the fox

- Learning how to deal with frozen well lines

- Hearing and seeing bobcats and coyotes on our property

- Learning during our sales process about all the things we should have had tested or inspected when we bought the house…not one of my prouder moments

No comments: